There are a few things to consider during Garbage Disposal Installation in Granada Hills. Before you begin, you might want to think about:
1. Battery or Back-up Sump Pump- do you need one? Sump Pumps should be considered a needed part of Garbage Disposal Installation in Granada Hills. Nevertheless, if you already have a sump pump, you might want to consider installing a 2nd back-up sump pump. If you intend to have a battery-backup sump pump, you will be prepared in case of a power outage.
2. Connection of Water Line- Your primary source of water may be from the house’s utilities. Suppose your utility is the first source of water. In that case, you will want to install a U-shaped copper or cast iron pipe just about 18″. To satisfy city regulations in many areas, the pipe should be a minimum of 18″ maximum in depth when full. The line will carry the disposer and water to the ground slope. Make sure that you have an appropriate slope on your location and do not have any issues with water running over the top of the drain fitting.
3. Proper Disposal- Check with your local codes to know what size drainpipe line and fill your device will require. If your disposal is a combination of disposal and trash furnace, you will want to install 2 discharge lines. The cold one need to be connected to the outside discharge, and the hotline must be installed on the plenum flange.
4. Levels- The cold line will be connected to the rough-in drainpipe. The hotline will be connected to the top of the disposal, and the cold outlet line along with the drain line will be connected to the drain fitting. With a buddy, you will then tape the drain lines to the plenum flange using air duct tape.
5. Connecting the garbage disposal and the disposal water line to the house’s electrical system.
6. Securing the outside of the garbage disposal. This will require securing the old fast-food outlet. The garbage disposal is connected to the backside of the device with two screws. The fast-food outlet will be on the right side.
7. Replacing the flange and cover plate. The plenum flange will have four screws, and the cover plate will have 2 screws.
8. Securing the outside of the disposal. Have your helper turn the water back on by turning the knob. Next, you will take off the container by unscrewing the nuts. The base will lift free.